What a year it has been for the real estate market in Maine. I’ll do my best not to use the word unp….Nope, I won’t use it! But boy oh boy has it been ONE OF A KIND.
– 30%+ of Buyers came from out of state
– Median home price rose more than 20% in Cumberland County
– Sight unseen offers are becoming common
– Buyers often waived inspections to be competitive
– Tourism spending increased 14% which may have helped fuel out of state interest (Press Herald, 11/30/21, Summer hotel, restaurant spending smashed record in Maine)
One thing that remains throughout these stats, is the demand for homes in Maine, especially in Portland, Falmouth and the Cumberland Foreside. If you are looking for an experienced Real Estate Agent in this area to help you beat out the competition, I’d love to chat today!